
Little JD is settling in nicely here at home. He is on a pretty good schedule. Eats about every four hours. Mostly at 10, 2, and 6 both am and pm. Works out pretty good for me since it is not meal time for the other boys at that time. Jerry is off of work right now to spend some time with us. He goes back on Thursday. I don't know what I'll do when he goes back since right now I go back to sleep after the 6 am feeding while he gets the rest of the gang fed and dressed. They seem to be getting up extra early these days. For now we moved Hayden back downstairs and JD into our room in the bassinet. We aren't sure who was waking up who but Eli and Hayden were getting up around 5am...too early for us...we all need our sleep! Thankfully, JD is a quiet sleeper and it is working out well for now. Eventually though we'll just have to bite the bullet and deal with the early risings. JD can't stay in the bassinet forever.
Everyone still runs right over to touch and kiss JD whenever he is brought into the room. Wesley has been a big help lately and keeps asking for "jobs" to do to help us out. As you see above he is always willing to keep an eye on little JD...he is such a good big brother. Justus finally wanted a turn to hold JD (see picture below).

JD has another doctor appointment Tuesday so I'll update with his new weight. He has been taking more and more each feeding which is good so I think he'll have gained nicely. I wish I could say breastfeeding is going well. JD seems more like the twins in transitioning from bottle to breast. He tries hard but I don't think he is getting much. I'll keep at it though since it is worth the hard work in the end. Waiting for a bottle to warm up when you're holding a hungry baby is a pain. It is also nice to doze off while breastfeeding during the middle of the night feedings. That doesn't work when you're holding a bottle! For now I'm still pumping and feeding and filling the freezer with milk since I make about 3 times what JD drinks. I called a milk bank in Michigan today to start the process of donating. I decided against donating to the same place I did last time since I have heard some negative things about their parent company. It's more than JD will ever use and I hate for it to go to waste.
He is a real cutie...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for leaving a comment!