Monday, November 10, 2008

First Snow: A Timeline

Saturday morning we woke up to see it was snowing. The snow was even sticking to the ground a little bit. The boys were so excited! They had grand dreams of snowmen and snowballs followed by hot chocolate with marshmallows.


  • Time to round up stashed away snowpants, mittens, and boots for all four boys: 9 minutes
  • Time to put above on four boys: 12 minutes
  • Time spent outside before first boy asked to come in: 1.2 minutes
  • Time before all four boys were huddled around the furnace exhaust pipe "trying to get warm": 2.7 minutes
  • Time before all boys were requesting to come in: 4 minutes
  • Time it took to take off four boys wet mittens, snowpants, and boots: 6 minutes
  • Time it took to hang up above to dry on line in garage: 9 minutes


Oh, well. It was the first snow. I guess we will have to work on endurance. And get thicker mittens.

5 comments:

  1. Was hoping you would have gotten a
    few shots of your snow. We did NOT
    get any UP NORTH. Had a few flurries
    but nothing like what DePere got. I
    had talked to Grandma LaVerne and she
    said there was snow on the ground.
    Oh well, I'm sure we'll be getting
    some here soon.

    Luv, G. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this snow story!


    Love to all,
    GGS

    ReplyDelete
  3. From another mommy of 6 - can I ever relate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't buy mittens here; it's still 88 degrees.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!