Thursday, October 15, 2009

Fall Cleaning Challenge


Fall cleaning is like "spring cleaning"... only in the fall! :) Why "fall clean"? There are several reasons. First, lots of chores are seasonal and should be done twice a year in both the spring and the fall. Second, you will be spending more time inside now that it's getting colder and who wants to hang out in a mess? In addition, the holidays are fast approaching, and wouldn't it be nice to have your house in order before the holidays arrive so you can spend more time doing fun things with your family instead of cleaning?! As an added bonus a cleaner house is a healthier house... keep your house clean and germs won't have any place to land!

So here is your challenge: deep clean one room a week. That sounds doable doesn't it? Since I've had several people ask me how I keep our house so clean I thought I'd share how I clean. For me the first step is getting each room really clean to start, after that it's more of a maintaining.

If you have a blog and want to follow along, take a few pictures (before, after, or during) and post them on your blog then leave a link in the comments so we can all check out your progress (I'm too lazy to put a Mr. Linky on each post). If you don't have a blog you're not off the hook, you can still clean. Just tell us what you're doing in the comments (or you could post your pics on Facebook if you have an account). If you have any tips to share that might help others leave that as a comment!

Since it's small I thought I'd start with the bathroom. Small doesn't mean easy though and, unfortunately (or fortunately!), there are usually at least two bathrooms in a house. Ready? I'll put up the bathroom post tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. One of the best hints I ever received
    is to have a cleaning caddy. Less is
    better, no need for all of those fancy
    cleaning products. Windex hasn't been
    in my house for years. Lint-free rags
    the best. Dawn dish soap - just a few
    drops in bucket. Keep water away from
    wood baseboards. Could go on, but this
    isn't my blog.

    Luv, G. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shelly ! YOU'RE AWESOME , We are gonna start with the office (mosty organize) Dose that count ???

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!