Friday, January 29, 2010

AZ Trip: Part 9 (Friends and Family)

While it was nice to get away from the cold (and into 70 degree weather). And it was fun to eat out at our favorite restaurants. And it was fun to go on hikes, to parks, and the museum. None of those things are good enough reasons (in my mind anyway) to pack up six kids and drive almost 4,000 miles (round trip).

The real reason we went to Arizona is this... family and friends.

The Carlsons and Showns

When we left Arizona in the spring of 2000 my friend Cindy had just hit it off with "a cute guy that sung in the choir at church". When our house sold faster than we ever imagined (1 day on the market) we ended up storing the contents of our house in her garage and moving in with her. Single Cindy, Jerry, Shelly, and Roz. Ten years later, we are two happily married couples with TEN children between us! I'd say we took God's command to be fruitful and multiply quite seriously!

I already wrote a post about the big "reunion" with all our high school friends, but we also spent a morning just hanging out with the Barz family. Their house is a little boys dream! My boys are still talking about the trampoline, big car, and "roller coaster".

I had the privilege of meeting little Noah for the first time. The sweetest miracle baby ever! Noah's mom, Celeste, is a longtime friend of my sister. (Actually, I have met little Noah before... he came with his parents for a visit last year. I don't think he remembers much though since he was still in utero!) I don't care what his parents say, I don't think he has cried a minute in his little life! :) He was the happiest baby. I should have packed an extra matching shirt and snuck him home with me.
Justus and Grandpa Steve go way back!

All my family is back in Wisconsin now, but Jerry's family is still in Arizona. We have no desire to live in Arizona (we're not fooled by the lovely January weather!) but we sure do miss everyone. I'm not sure when we'll be brave enough to make the trip again... until then at least we have blogs and Facebook! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!