Saturday, September 19, 2015

Lost at Sea?

The day after we returned from our California vacation, I was sitting at the computer and put my hand up to my face. As soon as I felt my ring against my skin, I knew something was wrong. I looked down and the diamond in my ring was gone. 

I have no idea where or when it fell out. It could be at Legoland, the house we rented, in the ocean, or anywhere in between. I'm kind of hoping it's in the ocean because that's more romantic - kind of like the "heart of the ocean" jewel in Titanic - than having it drop down the bathroom sink drain at the Jack in the Box in Yuma.

I'm glad I didn't notice it until we got home, it would have really ruined my vacation. If would have really bothered me to know where I lost it when there was little chance of me ever finding it. 

Our 20th anniversary is next year so I guess I will get a new ring set! In the meantime, I just couldn't have an empty finger so I ordered this ring set from Amazon. It was only $12! I told Jerry he couldn't just say that was good enough, although I am sure he was tempted.


So, if you happen to be in the Carlsbad, CA area or the Pacific ocean and find a diamond, please let me know!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks to you and your loss, I now have a new setting for my wedding ring. Brought my ring to the local jewelry store and was told my whole ring was pretty worn. After 35 years of wear and tear, it was time. Still sorry for your lost diamond, but I know your wonderful husband of almost 20 years will come through. He did the first time!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!