
This is a photo of our fridge.
Do you think that:
a)Uh-oh, here comes a post on "How to Properly Clean a Fridge".
b)We are leaving on an extended vacation.
c)We have run out of money.
d)The fridge broke about 12 hours after I went shopping for this week.
If you chose "D" you are correct. I went on my grocery shopping trip for the week last night. At my house grocery shopping means 4 gallons of milk, tons of yogurt, cheese, fruit and various other items that need refrigeration. Not good.
I don't know what happened. It was working fine yesterday. And we didn't notice anything amiss at breakfast. But when lunch rolled around Jerry complained his yogurt was warm and sure enough...so was just about everything else. We tried everything we could think of but nothing made a difference. The strange thing is the freezer is working fine. Just the fridge is having issues.
Did I mention it's Saturday? Did you know no appliance repair places are open on Saturdays? So we have to wait until at least Monday morning to have this fixed.
So...we currently have most of our stuff at my grandma's in her fridge, a few items in a cooler full of ice, and a few items in a mini-fridge we had been saving for Roz to take to her dorm room next year. (My dad won it and I'm sorry to report I think it would do better if we flipped it on it's side and filled it with ice like a cooler. It was short notice and all so it didn't have time to really get cold before we threw stuff in there. It is cool in there but not fridge cold.)
Yesterday wasn't much better. We started out with a trip to Urgent Care for Wesley. During breakfast he had a sudden onset of severe abdominal pain. It was so bad he curled into a ball and wouldn't straighten up. He got pale and clammy and I thought for sure it was his appendix. But after an exam and x-ray it appears it was just severe cramping from being a bit "backed up". I had to give him a few over the counter medications to help him out.
Sweet boy that he is about had a fit when I told him I was going to buy the meds at Shopko Express. "But Mom, CVS is better and they have medicine too!" So true. He is such a smart kid! I'm glad he's been listening. But since I was charging it to the HSA and Shopko Express was a lot closer I just went with them instead. He felt better by lunch and was completely back to normal today.
Also this week, Jerry's back driver side window went down and would not go back up. As much as we needed the rain we were really glad it didn't rain while he was at work this week when it was stuck in the down position. And when it did finally rain last night the car was safe in the garage. Big John is going to come look at that tomorrow sometime. The good news...he can get it to close one way or another. The bad news...it might have to stay closed forever.
I am so behind on posts it's not even funny. So in the next few days you'll be seeing several out of order posts from last week...
Boy, its so true when it rains it pours! Im so sorry to hear about all your misfortune. At least Wesley is okay.
ReplyDeleteYour post made me laugh because we buy 4 gallons of milk too every time we grocery shop, but some how we ran out within one week. So, I went to the pig this morning and guess who I saw....Jerry.
Wow, how does the saying go about
ReplyDeleteMurphy's law??? Knew Wesley was
okay when I talked to him on Sat.
morning, but obviously that was
before you knew about the fridge.
Hope the repair guy is there as I'm
writing this. Grandma Vern comes
thru in a pinch - again.
Luv, G. Linda