Thursday, March 12, 2009

Still Here...Cookies Anyone?

Just thought I'd let you all know we are still alive and getting well. It has been a relatively quiet week thus far. No new illnesses! Justus' nose continues to run. Not surprising since he was the only little one NOT on antibiotics. Can someone please explain to me why, if colds are caused by a virus, the runny noses stopped with antibiotics?! It doesn't make sense to me!

Grandma Linda stopped by for a visit this morning and we all worked together to bake cookies. A few weeks ago I got a deal on chocolate covered macadamia nuts at Walgreens. When I ran across this recipe posted on a blog by someone else that found the same deal, I knew I had to give it a try!

They are delicious! I'm sure they'd be equally good with chopped macadamia nuts and chocolate chips just in case you don't find a deal. Apparently macadamia's are a tough nut to crack! I broke my chopper trying to chunk up the nuts so I suggest putting them in a baggie and smashing them with the side of a meat tenderizing hammer instead.


Chocolate Chunk Macadamia Nut Cookies

1/2 cup shortening
1/2 cup butter or margarine
2 1/2 cups flour
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
12 oz chocolate covered macadamia nuts

Mix shortening and margarine together. Add half of the flour, all the brown sugar, sugar, eggs, vanilla and baking soda. Beat until thoroughly combined. Mix in the remaining flour. Add in chopped macadamia nuts. Drop by scoop onto cookie sheets. Bake at 375ยบ for 10 minutes or until golden.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!