Sunday, April 5, 2009

No Good Deed

Jerry always jokes that "no good deed goes unpunished"...and I am going to have to agree! Last week I decided to send a friend a card using a Hallmark.com free trial. It sounds like a good service. You choose a card, add a personal greeting, and they take care of the rest. It costs about the same as buying a card in the store and you don't even have to leave the comfort of your computer chair. I thought I'd give it a try. It was supposed to be an encouraging card to let her know that I was thinking of and praying for her. Inside the envelope addressed to her with a return address from me was an Easter card that said:

Kayla & Dillon
Happy Easter with Lots and Lots of bunny hugs!
I love you and miss you both tons!
I will be sending you some Easter surprises soon!
Be good!
Love, Aunt Jenna


I must have a strange sense of humor because this cracked me up. After I stopped laughing, I straightened it out with my friend who had to do a little thinking to figure out why Aunt Jenna would have sent her an Easter card intended for Kayla and Dillon. Then I emailed Hallmark and told them thanks but no thanks to their service! I haven't heard back from them yet. Of course, they could have replied but just sent it to the wrong email address! I sure hope Kayla and Dillon aren't too disappointed! I don't know if they will get the card I sent or the whole assembly line was off. I'll never know. We don't really do the Easter Bunny...but bunny hugs to you all anyway...from me and Aunt Jenna!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!