The peas are just about done now too. I don't remember what type of pea we got. I thought we got the kind that you could steam and eat in the pod. But we didn't. That didn't work. So I've been taking the peas out of the pod and cooking them. They are delicious, but a lot of work.
We had coleslaw this past weekend with one of head of fresh cabbage. I am going to try another recipe tonight with another head. We also ate one of our kohlrabi plants. We need to plant more of those next year. They are so good! Three plants definitely wasn't enough.
The green beans are getting there. But we haven't harvested any yet. The broccoli finally has florets on it. The plant is HUGE and the florets small and they took forever to pop through. The cucumbers are looking good too. I planted them from seed and they seemed slow to grow at first. They are really going to town now though. We should have lots of cucumbers. I'm glad I planted them on the edge of the garden where they can grow over the wall and not take over.
I'm pretty pleased with our progress so far. If nothing else we are learning plenty so next years garden will be even better!
Everything sounds so good and what's
ReplyDeletegreat is that it's all good for you.
Because of the "weather" here in
Oconto, our garden is really late. We
hope to harvest before it freezes.
Agree about the lettuce - can't eat it
fast enough.
Luv, G. Linda