Then a few weeks ago on a whim I thought I'd just check out the guidelines for donating to Locks of Love. I was surprised to find out it was "only" ten inches. I figured if I was going to cut off six anyway why not just make it ten and donate. It just seemed it would be a waste to throw it away because of a few inches. If I donated it would be a bit shorter than I wanted, but it will grow back. My hair definitely grows fast (and thick)!
So I started to prepare Jerry. Getting him used to the idea slowly. He wasn't too excited about it but he agreed it'd be a waste to miss the cut by a few inches and have the hair end up in the trash. I had one thing going for me... it's kind of hard to be mad at your wife for wanting to donate her hair!
So I decided to just do it! Here are a couple before shots:

And here is after:

The guy that cut my hair was shocked at how thick it was! He didn't think his shears were going to make it through that thick ponytail! Then he was equally shocked at how much I hair I still had left after he cut off the ten inches. I didn't want any more than that cut off so he just evened up the ends for me and off I went. I told the hairdresser I'd start over and be back in a couple years. :)
It seems shocking to me when I reach back. And when I put it in a ponytail now it barely holds! But it's really not that radical, I have had my hair this length several times before. I'll just have to remember to use less shampoo and conditioner in the shower!
I'm going to mail the ponytail in myself and I'm curious to know how much the package will weigh! I guess that's one way to lose a pound!
Looks great!
ReplyDeleteYour hair looks really nice, and what a great cause to be able to donate to...
ReplyDeleteLove, GGS
WOW, you did it!!!!! Locks of Love will be very greatful - is that who
ReplyDeleteyou are sending it to? Will take
credit for the thickness gene, if that
is possible. Like you said,you've had
it this length before, looks very nice
and it grows fast. Did the person who
cut it get rid of the grays? LOL
Little Mom humor there.
Luv, G. Linda
Good choices all around!
ReplyDelete