Saturday of Mother's Day weekend we were invited to the wedding of one of Jerry's co-workers. Grandma Linda came down to babysit (thanks Mom!). We usually go out the night before Mother's Day to the LaForce formal dinner. Due to the economy, they decided against having it this year. (Thankfully, the family picnic at Bay Beach is still on!) So this wedding was good timing, we were dressed up and hanging out with some of the usual LaForce crowd anyway!
The wedding was at 2pm. It was a bit cloudy and chilly so I grabbed a coat as we headed out the door. I bought this coat (not pictured) at the thrift store last year because I thought it was cute. It doesn't fit quite right so I haven't really worn it (not sure why I kept it after I realized it didn't really fit, but I'm glad I did!). As we stepped out of the car at the church I put my hands into the pockets and found $15 dollars and a movie ticket stub! That is the second time that has happened to me in recent months. The first time I found $8 in a thrift store wallet that I bought. So I'm $23 richer thanks to some rather careless thrift store donors!
The wedding was lovely. I had to come home and look up the one of the wedding readings from the Book of Tobit. Those Catholics took me by surprise with a reading from a book I'd never even heard of! We had some time to kill between the wedding and the reception so we hung out at a local restaurant with a few of the other wedding guests. The reception was nice. Good food and good company... what more can you ask for?
Well, how about this? I came home to find a sweet sign hanging on the wall for me:
The boys (and Grandma) did such a great job! Roz remembered me with a sweet card as well. Mother's Day included church and then pizza for dinner so I didn't have to cook!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for leaving a comment!