Thursday, September 6, 2012

Pool Progress: Brick Coping

The saga of the brick coping continued well into this week. We didn't get our deck forms on Tuesday. Actually, we didn't see anyone at all on Tuesday. I decided I would call superintendent around lunch on Wednesday if I didn't see anyone here. Thankfully, the brick guy showed up. He finished laying the bricks around the whole entire pool, but they still need to be mortared. If the guy worked as much as he talked and sent texts on his phone he would have been done a LOT sooner.





He stayed until dinner time and said he'd be back in the morning to mortar. He was back mid-morning on Thursday. We wondered how he would get the mortar in between all the bricks without making a mess. I joked that maybe he'd use a pastry bag. Basically, that is what he ended up using. He'd fill it with mortar, squeeze it in the cracks, and then smooth it out with his hands.


He ended up being here fairly late into the evening again but FINALLY finished a full week after he started. 

How is it they can get so much done some weeks and then hardly anything at all the next? Roz didn't get to see anything exciting while she was here. Just the tile installed and the brick guy (who we nicknamed P.J.) get started. She's been gone almost a week and he just finished up. Ugh.

Well, it's done and it looks nice. After watching this guy for the last week I can only hope his speed meant he was being extra thorough (but I doubt it).

Brick coping finally done!

Next up: Deck Forms (for real this time!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!