Saturday, June 1, 2013

Chicken Feeder

The chicks outgrew their feeder. I struggled for awhile with pie pan and recycled container that I rigged into a feeder, but decided it was finally time to make a "real" one. I got a 5 gallon bucket and a tray. I found the tray at the dollar store. We had some bolts and nuts on hand in the garage.


I drilled a small hole for the bolt to go through in the center of the tray.


Then I used the 3/4 inch drill bit to make six evenly space holes in the bottom of the bucket. This is where the food will fall through into the tray.


Then I put the bolt through the tray into the bucket to secure them together.




The nut and washer holds the two pieces together.


The only thing left to do was fill it up and put it out in the coop.


I hung it with a rope from the rafter in the coop. This curious Buff came to check it out right away. I can go several days without refilling!


Now I just have to rig up a better watering system.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!