Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Team Cookie 2013

It's not Christmas until you make cut-out sugar cookies! We were a little late this year. I baked the cookies on the 23rd and we decorated them on Christmas Eve morning.

Remember that old commercial with an egg that said, "this is your brain" followed by the eggs in a frying pan with "this is your brain on drugs"?

These are my sugar cookies.


These are my sugar cookies on Facebook.


Right after I put the last couple cookies into the oven, I popped on Facebook for a "minute". A minute turned into a few and I ended up over-cooking them. The kids ate them anyway.

I make the dough and bake the cookies. Then we put the kids to work decorating the cookies. The past few years the kids have actually started being helpful.  Jerry supervises and transports cookies back and forth. It was a good year, not one cookie was dropped!








Only one little cookie decorator wouldn't pass the Food Handler's class. She started out on the right track...



…but starting eating the product after just a few minutes.


Thankfully, this wasn't our first rodeo and we had anticipated this. We had set her up with her own little bowl of frosting and special tools.

We definitely missed having Roz here to help. Cookie decorating is a long-standing family tradition! And it was a good batch of cookies this year too! Here is Team Cookie 2013!


And here is the fruit of our labor!


Now we're officially ready for Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. I'm hoping a few of those cookies made it into the freezer in the guest house. With my sweet tooth, I'd eat the slightly burnt ones, no problem. Frosting can mask anything.

    Luv,
    G. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delicious cookies and wonderful decorating!

    Love from GGS

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!