Friday, July 31, 2009

I Caved


I finally caved in and joined the ranks of Facebook members. This despite the fact that Roz says Facebook is not for old people (old being over 20!). So far I prefer the depth of blogging, both in reading them and writing posts as well. But Facebook is where the people are and if you want to find someone that, apparently, is the place to look. It is fun connecting with people you haven't seen in ages!

There is a little learning curve when you try something new and my in-house Facebook expert is not very patient. Being a true nerd at heart, I tried to find some kind Facebook etiquette guide (fetiquette as Jer calls it) but didn't have much luck. So I'd like to ask those of who both blog and Facebook: Do you link to your blog posts on FB? Do you post the same photos in both places? How do you decide what to blog about and what to put on FB?

2 comments:

  1. I put my blog address in that box under my profile picture (that I don't have) so people will have to look at my blog to see any pictures. I noticed I got a lot more traffic on my blog when I did that. I haven't put any pictures on FB and probably won't. I don't love FB. But there are a few people who I otherwise wouldn't have contact with, so I keep it. I also like to play Farmville on FB. It's a guilty pleasure. You should try it and we can be neighbors in Farmville.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started blogging before I logged onto Facebook. I also use Twitter. I know... there is something wrong with me. Basically, I post to Twitter, which automatically updates Facebook with what I said. When I post something new to my blog, I just do a status update on Facebook that says 'New blog post' and gives my URL. This has increased the traffic on my blog a lot! My blog is pretty eclectic and touches on a bunch of different topics- just whatever is running around in my head gets put there. I usually post these longer 'thoughts' on my blog and post the day to day stuff on Facebook. As for photos.. I often have overlap of photos- but usually only post a few on the blog and the rest on Facebook. I am struggling most with the photos- as I also maintain a Shutterfly site, and I'm just not sure how much to post in other places. Anyway, not sure if any of this helps, but.... good luck! I have REALLY enjoyed Facebook for the way that it's helped me to 'reconnect' with folks- the blog was pretty much just seen by the people who I was already in touch with.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!