Monday, February 8, 2010

Best Internet Finds of 2009

Last year about this time I posted my personal "best" internet finds of the year, so I thought I would do it again. There are so many wonderful websites and blogs out there! I know a lot of people use the internet for the wrong reasons, but there are lots of good, even uplifting, sites out there as well.

In my opinion, blogs are where it's at! No matter what your interests or hobbies, there are blogs out there for you! Google a few of your favorite things and see what comes up. Then get yourself a reader! It will make your blog reading so much faster and, therefore, more enjoyable. [I'm planning a post on readers soon. Seriously, everyone should have one.]

Freebies 4 Mom- this one isn't really "new". I've been reading this blog for way more than a year, but for some reason I didn't put it on my "list" last year. Heather will hook you up with THE best freebies online. Don't let the "mom" part fool you... there are freebies out there for everyone!

Homeschool Freebie of the Day- speaking of freebies, this is another awesome site. It's not just for homeschoolers. There are free e-books, audio, and downloads of all kinds. If you have kids or are just interested in learning something new... check it out.

Fit to the Finish- one of my favorite finds of the year. Diane is a fellow mom of many who lost over 150 pounds and has kept it off. Inspirational and practical. I want to be like her when I grow up. :)

Picnik- need to edit a photo? Make a collage? Add a funny caption? This is the site. Free and fun.

Librovox- offers tons of audio books all for free. All the books are read by volunteers. I highly recommend A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court (read by Steve Anderson). I was truly sad when the book ended.

Swagbucks- need free money? Okay, maybe not free money but free gift certificates (to place you shop already, like Amazon). Just search the internet through Swagbucks and earn! Several bloggers mentioned that they were able to pay for Christmas using gift certificates earned through SB. [If you are interested in joining, please click through this link or email me. I get a few extra "bucks" for referring people.]

Grammar Girl- need to brush up on your grammar? I know I do! Sign up for the GG daily email and especially the podcast! You'll learn all sorts of stuff and laugh while you do.

Cake Wrecks- Need a good laugh? Look no further. Photos of cakes gone horribly wrong with the funniest commentary around. A new favorite!

6 Year Med- Stories from a med student. Heartbreaking at times and always very interesting.

Facebook- I finally joined the fun this past year. I've had a great time connecting with old friends and getting to know people better. If you're thinking about joining FB but aren't quite sure... just do it! (Peer pressure... it's a wonderful thing!) And if I'm not your "friend" on FB yet... add me!

The Prudent Homemaker- I don't even remember how I came across this site. What I do know is... it's a wealth of information on saving money and living within your means. Recipes, links, crafts, and just encouragement!

MomAdvice- Amy's blog is full of ideas to save you money and have fun with your family. I absolutely LOVE her weekly link roundup. I have found so many awesome recipes, crafts, books, and blogs through her links!

The Cutest Blog On the Block-want to add a special background to your blog? Check out all the cute (and really easy to install) backgrounds available. And if your brave enough to try and make your own there is a tutorial here. I've been dying to try it!

Go read last year's post for more... there are lots of great sites listed... most of them I still visit daily... via my reader, of course! And, please, share your favorite sites in the comments.

1 comment:

  1. I love cake wrecks, too! I'll have to chech out the others. Thanks for the tips.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!