Tuesday, February 9, 2010

The Good Ol' (Blog) Days

I've been working on my next book and it's almost done! This book will be longer than the first since it will cover a year and a half of our lives. I made an executive decision to get my blog books on track with the calendar year versus yearly on my blogiversary, which is in May.

As I work on the finishing touches, I have been thinking back to how this blog looked when I first started it. I think the dots template was my first, but I seriously don't remember what my first header looked like! So, just for fun, I am planning to add a few screen shots of more recent changes (headers especially) to the new book. I want to remember what this little ol' blog looked like years from now.

Just like you take pictures of the kids to show how they've grown, I wish I would have done a better job taking "pictures" of my blog along the way. I can go to any post I've ever written, but I haven't really kept a record of the actual appearance of the blog on the screen. That's too bad because my blog has evolved a lot over the years. As I've learned more, it has become more "custom" and less "template".

So, if you have a blog (and you're a bit sentimental like me) you might want to take a screen shot once in awhile to help you remember what your blog looked like "way back when". I don't have any full screen shots but here are a few old headers...

Header Fall 2008

Header Christmas (December) 2008

Header Winter (January) 2009

Header Christmas 2009

1 comment:

  1. This was a nice reminder for me. If
    possible, I would like to purchase
    a copy of both books for Dad and I.
    Is it too late for the first book?
    Can't wait to see it.

    Luv, G. Linda

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!