July 22, 2011
Every year Jerry's employer has their family company picnic at Bay Beach. This year Roz was out of town so we took our nephew Carter with us instead. It worked out quite well because he could take the big boys to ride the bigger rides while Jerry helped me out with the younger two.
We all had a great time. The food was good... better than years past for the kids since they set up a kid table with mac & cheese and PB&J sandwiches. And who doesn't like free rides? The only down side... it was unbearably hot and humid. We didn't stay nearly as long as we have in years past because it was so uncomfortable. I felt bad for the big kids who had to wait in line in full sun. Thankfully, the little kiddie rides are mostly in the shade.
After months of anticipation it was the big chance to ride the new Zippin Pippin roller coaster!! It did not disappoint. After his first ride, Eli was excited to tell me he "went weightless" going down the first big hill. Even Jerry said it was a pretty good ride for $1! Justus, unfortunately, was about an inch short of being able to ride. He was not happy to sit with us while Carter, Wesely, and Eli rode several times. I told him to eat his veggies and he and I go for our first ride together next year. I don't think that helped much.
Since I didn't do much walking around I had Jerry take most of these pictures...
 |
| Carter and Wesley waiting to ride the Zippin Pippin |
 |
| Eli waiting to ride the Zippin Pippin |
 |
| Carter, Wesley, and Eli go by on the Zippin! |
 |
| Hayden |
 |
| J.D. and Hayden on the train with Dad |
 |
| J.D. takes a hydration break |
 |
| The race cars... a favorite ride! |
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for leaving a comment!