Saturday, August 13, 2011

A New Tradition

A few years ago I made a special candy birthday card for Roz on her 16th birthday. Then a couple months later I made a similar card for my nephew Carter on his 10th. Both cards were a big hit! Even after all this time, my niece Morgan remembered Carter's card and mentioned she hoped she'd get one for her 10th birthday too. I took the hint and put together her candy card before our big birthday bash.

Morgan and her card

Click to enlarge if you want to read the card!

Each card is worded a bit different, but they all are lots of fun! I just go buy a bunch of candy bars with names I think I can work in and then come home and start writing. This time around I had trouble finding the "Zero" candy bar. Facebook came to the rescue. I asked my friends if anyone had seen one around town and sure enough someone had! (Thanks again Jill!!) I can't take credit for the idea, someone in high school made one for their boyfriend and I remember thinking it was pretty cool so I tucked away the idea.

Wesley is already planning what candy bars he wants on his card when he turns 10 in March. So it seems we have started a new tradition!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!