Thursday, August 25, 2011

Pregnancy Update: Week 36!!!!!!!!

Well, I have to say when we started this adventure way back in January I really didn't think I'd be writing this post, but I'm sure glad I am! As of yesterday, this became my second longest pregnancy. The only one that lasted longer (so far) was Wesley who was born 10 days early. It is looking more and more like I will reach my goal... bringing my baby home with me and skipping the NICU! Of course, there are no guarantees, but in another week I will really be in the safe zone!

Did the 17 P shots make a difference? Or was it my taking it easy? Or that the boys are a bit older and can do things for themselves? Probably a little bit of everything. I will say that this pregnancy would not have gone so smoothly if it wasn't for Jerry not only doing all his work but mine too these past few months. Nor would it have been the same without the help of my new friend Lisa who took time out of her busy schedule each week drive across town and give me my shots. "Thank You" just isn't enough!

35.5 Week

After the false alarm two weeks ago, I have continued to have contractions on and off. Nothing too terribly painful and nothing lasting long enough to send me back to the hospital. Every time I get a few in a row though I start to wonder if this is it and then they go away. You'd think after 5 other labors I'd know the difference, but every pregnancy is different and there is always room for doubt. Since my labors are so fast my main concern was always having preemie at home without the proper medical help. As we get farther and farther along, I am less concerned with that. I hope to still go fast and am confident that (as long as Jerry is with me) I could get it done wherever I happen to be. We did review emergency delivery procedure not too long ago just in case. :)

My view :)
Nothing really exciting to report from my doctor appointment yesterday. The baby is head down. Heartbeat sounded great. I did not get an internal exam so I don't know if anything is going on in that regard. My Group B Strep test from the hospital was negative, but if I make it to 38 weeks they will repeat the test. I will now start going weekly. I haven't done that since I was pregnant with Wesley!

Not sure if this will be my last pregnancy update or not. Just in case, here is a little list of pregnancy quirks I will miss (NOT!) when this is all over:
  • going to the bathroom every 30 minutes
  • no comfortable sleeping positions (I spend at least a couple hours in the recliner each night)
  • looking at items that I've dropped trying to decide if it is really necessary to bend over and pick them up 
  • needing assistance to put some of my shoes on
  • turning sideways or hunching over to wash my hands or dishes at the sink
  • not being able to reach into the cupboards or to the back of the stove
  • since we have a fridge with a freezer on the bottom, I drink warm drinks instead of squatting to get ice
  • swollen legs and sausage toes (although they are much better this time than they were with JD)
  • water can give me heartburn but spicy food does not (?)
  • driving is a challenge, short legs and a pregnant belly don't mix
  • my already big nose gets even bigger
I'm sure there are more, if I think of some I'll add them later. To balance things out in my next pregnancy update (if there is one!) I will make a list of the things I really will miss! :)

Reminder: Don't forget to take a guess in my FB "baby pool"!  (If you get an error message just hit "okay" and you should still be able to make a guess.)


    2 comments:

    1. I love your list of dislikes of being pregnant! Congrats on making it to 36 weeks!
      ~Jill

      ReplyDelete
    2. This is amazing and I know just how much you have appreciated all of the help your husband has given through this process. So happy that you are this far along and even able to be home writing this post - PTL!

      ReplyDelete

    Thanks for leaving a comment!