Jesse Tree Reading: 21: 1-17
Symbol: cradle
What's a Jesse Tree? Click here.
Symbol: cradle
What's a Jesse Tree? Click here.
The twins had their first ever dentist appointment last night. They were so good. Eli was a little nervous when he got in the chair but was okay once things got going. Justus was a chatterbox the whole time. Telling our hygienist Maureen all sorts of stories. No cavities for either! I was a little worried about Justus' teeth since his two front top teeth are a little discolored but the dentist said that can happen if you get sick as an infant, even one really high fever could do it. It could have been that Group B strep that sent him back to the hospital but I guess we'll never know for sure. It shouldn't affect his permanent teeth so that's good.
Everyone was excited to see that St. Nick had stopped by last night to pick up the artwork we colored for him. And they were even more excited to find the candy and Christmas coloring book that he left in their stockings. When I told Hayden to put his candy in a ziploc bag for later he told me, "NO WAY!". Each boy was allowed one small piece of chocolate but the rest was put away for later. Roz loved her mini bottle of Martinelli's sparkling cider that I found her...umm, I mean that St. Nick left. She said she doesn't want to drink it! I thought it would be funny to take it in her lunch one of these days!
Tonight is the Mother's of Multiples Christmas Party. I am bringing what I brought last year..."Snow" Cocoa. It's a white hot chocolate. And it is so good! The low last night was -6 and the high today is only going to be 23. Sounds like good hot chocolate weather to me! If you want to give it a try here is the recipe:
Everyone was excited to see that St. Nick had stopped by last night to pick up the artwork we colored for him. And they were even more excited to find the candy and Christmas coloring book that he left in their stockings. When I told Hayden to put his candy in a ziploc bag for later he told me, "NO WAY!". Each boy was allowed one small piece of chocolate but the rest was put away for later. Roz loved her mini bottle of Martinelli's sparkling cider that I found her...umm, I mean that St. Nick left. She said she doesn't want to drink it! I thought it would be funny to take it in her lunch one of these days!
Tonight is the Mother's of Multiples Christmas Party. I am bringing what I brought last year..."Snow" Cocoa. It's a white hot chocolate. And it is so good! The low last night was -6 and the high today is only going to be 23. Sounds like good hot chocolate weather to me! If you want to give it a try here is the recipe:
Snow Cocoa
2 cups whipping cream
6 cups milk (I use 2%)
1 teaspoon vanilla
12 oz. white chocolate chips
Put in crockpot and heat on low for 2 hours. Stir well to blend.
Garnish with marshmallows if desired.
2 cups whipping cream
6 cups milk (I use 2%)
1 teaspoon vanilla
12 oz. white chocolate chips
Put in crockpot and heat on low for 2 hours. Stir well to blend.
Garnish with marshmallows if desired.
The hardest part about making it is getting it to the party. Carrying a crockpot full of hot liquid over an icy driveway out to the van, driving with it sloshing around, and carrying it in to the meeting is almost dangerous!
One last bit of exciting Shown Family news...Roz is starting work today. Piggly Wiggly still isn't open but she starts her training this afternoon. She is just going to walk there right after school. She was filling out her W2 form at 10 o'clock last night. When she had a question about it Jerry started to explain and in a typical teenage voice she said: "Dad, just tell me which box to check. I don't care about how it all works!"
One last bit of exciting Shown Family news...Roz is starting work today. Piggly Wiggly still isn't open but she starts her training this afternoon. She is just going to walk there right after school. She was filling out her W2 form at 10 o'clock last night. When she had a question about it Jerry started to explain and in a typical teenage voice she said: "Dad, just tell me which box to check. I don't care about how it all works!"
Glad the boys have no cavities - does
ReplyDeletethat mean they get an extra piece of
St. Nick candy?
Laughed right out loud re: Roz. Your
sister inquired of Dad about what
FICA was and why it got so much of
her money. That was a long time ago.
Luv, G. Linda