Saturday, December 8, 2007

Tree Trimming

Jesse Tree Reading: Genesis 28: 10-22
Symbol: ladder
What's a Jesse Tree? Click here.

We decorated the tree today. Eli has been asking every day to get the "big" tree out. Last year they tipped it over and broke the stand once so I wasn't in any hurry this year. Well, it's up and I'm curious to see how long it will be until we have some kind of mishap. (Notice I didn't say if!)
It is Roz's job to put the tree together. Since we are using the little one it didn't take her long. We (Roz and I) do the lights and garland together. Then everyone helps hang the ornaments. Wesley did the honors of the angel on top. We decided (wisely) last year to use only non-breakable ornaments. We made most of them from foam. I made a few angels and snowmen from wooden clothes pins too. (Maybe I'll post some pictures of those later since they would make a cute craft project.)
You can tell the boys did most of the decorating since some branches had 5 ornaments and some had none. The lower half of the tree was full and the top half was pretty bare except on the side where the boys could stand on the couch to reach higher. Eli took the trimming very seriously as you can see above. Wesley and Justus were more jolly decorators. We did this all why Hayden was napping. He came down stairs and started "un-decorating" the tree right away. Then he got mad when I told him NO. He got over it quickly though.

1 comment:

  1. Roz is almost as tall as the tree.
    Mister Eli - such a serious guy.
    Nice shot of the four oldest.

    Forgot to send a comment on this set
    of pictures - better late than never.

    Luv, G. Linda

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!