When we moved to Arizona I gave the boys a speech about how precious water is in the desert. I told them they wouldn't see rain nearly as much as we did in Wisconsin. Then ol' Mother Nature made a liar out of me. We had quite a bit of rain in November and December. I joked that it rained more in the two months since we arrived than it did the whole 12 years we lived here before. I was exaggerating, of course, but it was a lot more rain than I expected. It was actually kind of nice because it made it feel a bit more like home and helped ease us into desert living.
Mid-December we got rain for two days in a row. Jerry happened to be in Green Bay on a business trip so he missed it. But we took lots of pictures so we could show him just how much rain we got while he was gone. It was a lot!
Our yard had standing water...
(At least we had rocks so it wasn't mud.)
But it was nothing compared to the neighbor's yard...
The playground was flooded...
Lots of rain with a bit of sun means RAINBOWS!
We even saw a double rainbow! Click on the photo to enlarge it and you'll be able to see it better.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for leaving a comment!