Sunday, September 30, 2007

Lonely Boy

Hayden has a cough and a runny nose. Nothing too major, but enough that I didn't want to take him to church this morning. Jerry and Roz were in charge of Children's Church today so I stayed home with the baby and Hayden.

First of all...shhhh! Can you hear that??? No?! That sound is quiet! I can't exactly say silence but I don't think Hayden is the offender in the LOUDness (is that a word?) of our household. Anyway, he is always sad to be left behind when his brothers leave without him. So, in an effort to cheer him up I got out a toy he hadn't seen in awhile. He has now been playing quietly for over an hour! I think he has a really long attention span for his age! Well, the plan worked...I don't think he misses his brothers at all right now. A "fresh" toy all to yourself! What fun!

1 comment:

  1. He looks so content just to play by
    himself. Pretty cool "new" toy.
    Agree, I've never encountered a
    child that age that can entertain
    himself for as long as he does.
    Considering all the distractions he
    has all the time, it's down right
    amazing. Hayden is such a sweet boy.
    G. Linda

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!