Friday, September 21, 2007

Score: Sidewalk 1, Eli 0

Tonight while we were waiting for Dad to come home from work, I let the boys ride up the "hill" a few times. They love to go to the top on their bikes/trikes and coast down. Eli was the last one to go and took a spill at the bottom just as he was finishing up his ride. He scraped his face pretty bad and also his knee. He cried but not as bad as he could have considering his injuries. Of course, he could only see his knee! So he was crying "It's bleeding! I need a bandaid!" and I was thinking "What are we going to do about your face?!" I carried him home while Wesley rode the trike. We cleaned him up and he was happy to get a soccer ball bandaid. It must look worse than it felt! Here's a picture of him right before bed (the shiny stuff is antibiotic ointment). He was disappointed I didn't take a picture of his knee to include as well!

Speaking of bikes...this week Wesley learned to ride with NO training wheels. It was so fun to watch! His training wheels were bent and he was riding leaning over anyway so Monday night I told Jerry just take them off and we'll see how he does. It was the usual running behind the bike holding the seat thing. He crashed into the grass a few times and got frustrated with himself. He didn't really try again for a few days. Wednesday we were playing outside in the morning and he rode out of the garage right past me down the driveway saying "Hi Mom!" I didn't even think twice about it until I remembered the training wheels were OFF! That night Jerry pulled the other boys in the wagon and Wesley rode his bike all the way past Abby's and back! He has been riding up and down the street with no problems ever since. Guess we could have done that sooner! I took a little video and will try and upload it here this weekend. Now he loves to ride his bike (he wasn't all that interested in it before)!

2 comments:

  1. Eli the Tough Guy!

    And YAY for Wesley!

    Love,
    Gma Molly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Give Eli a hug and kiss from Grandma
    Linda - what a brave boy. How is it
    looking today?
    Congrats to Wesley. Now that he is a
    big kinder. boy he's just doing so
    many new things. Waiting for that
    tooth to come out!
    JD is getting bigger by the minute
    too.
    Love, Grandma Linda
    P.S. Showed Grandma LaVerne the blog
    she was impressed.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!