Days are busy when you're almost two! Hayden is such a sweet boy. He has a head of curly strawberry blond hair that everyone LOVES. He actually needs a trim right now but it kills me to cut off those curls! When he gets out of the bathtub it looks like he has a perm and Jerry says he looks like Art Garfunkel. Hayden loves to get his picture taken and usually has a funny smile on his face in pictures because he says "CHEEEEEEESE" until you put the camera away. See what I mean:

Hayden doesn't know that he isn't one of the big boys and tries his best to keep up. He hates when he is left out of any activity. Sometimes he plays quietly by himself...mostly with cars or trains, but he also gets along well with his brothers. Justus can really get him giggling! He loves to read his books and has one favorite book memorized (Old, New, Red, Blue).
Having older brothers to show him the way has helped him learn things sooner than the others. He talks a lot! He helps clean up the toys or put his clothes down the chute. He loves to brush his teeth and take a bath. Maybe he'll potty train early!! A mom can dream can't she?! Now that he is sleeping up with the big boys he doesn't even want to stop to kiss Mommy good night because he is afraid he'll get left behind and have to sleep downstairs. He gets up those stairs as fast as he can! Sleeping with the big boys is hard though...Eli gets him up before he's ready. That combined with the fact we are trying to eliminate his morning nap leads to scenes like this during lunch:
Poor kid! Yesterday, we started the day out with a downpour. I let the big boys go out to play in it after they ate breakfast. (See picture below). We hadn't gotten dressed yet so they just went out in their pajamas. Of course, Hayden couldn't be left out and wanted "owsh" of his high chair to join his brothers. As you can see Hayden had the most fun! Eli actually liked it a lot too. He is off running out of the shot. Justus pretty much ran from the back door to the garage. Wesley played a little but not as long as Hayden and Eli who cried when I made them come in to get dressed.
[Theresa, I used the medium size photo setting just for you!!]
I love Haydens curls! I woudnt want to cut them either. Cute picture of him sleeping in the chair.
ReplyDeleteThanks. I do like the bigger sized pics. :)
ReplyDelete