Thursday, November 15, 2007

Two for the price of one

OR
Justus and his radial head subluxation--Part II with Eli bonus!

Well, we were back at the doctor's office this afternoon with Justus. He was very protective of his arm all evening and then all morning. If I manipulated it he didn't cry but would whimper. So we took him back in. This time to see our doctor (who was off yesterday). She did her little trick and we all heard it pop. Now he really is good as new. I had her show me how to do it so if it happens again I can just do it myself. We are glad it worked the second time otherwise they mentioned having to take him to the ortho doctor so they could numb it or put him out to get it back in place. I'm thankful we didn't have to deal with that!

As if we didn't have enough going on while I was on the phone making the appointment, Eli fell down the basement stairs. Roz got to him first since she was down there cleaning. By the time she carried him to the top of the stairs he had a HUGE blood filled goose egg on the right side of his forehead. I got out an ice pack and got it on there right away. He cried a bit but not as much as I would have! He was acting normal and didn't have any other symptoms of a concussion. I called Jerry to tell him he had to come home for the 3:30pm doctor appointment (only one car...remember!) and then called the doctor back to add Eli to the patient list for the appointment. His head looked quite a bit better by the time Jerry got home and he checked out fine.

We stopped to get a pizza on the way home. You didn't expect me to come home and cook did you? I didn't have time anyway...I had to have Buck to the vet for a 6pm appointment. Nothing is wrong with him, it was just his yearly exam. By the time I got home both twins were feeling great. We gave them some Tylenol for good measure and put them bed.

I do NOT get paid enough for this...can I have a day off??

2 comments:

  1. Don't see a day off for a VERY long
    time - at least one you can take by
    yourself.
    Was going to give you a call (still
    might later), but it sounds like all
    is under control. Glad to hear Buck
    is okay too.
    There are either redhead or canvas
    back ducks in the river - they are
    beautiful. Dad's not sure.
    Luv, G. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, We're glad everybody's ok. What a day you had!

    Love to all,
    Gma Molly

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!