HELP ME! Please help me! Some time ago Jerry, for some unknown reason, decided to make a campaign contribution to John McCain. You'll have to wait for his blog to debut to get his reasoning behind that one. When I asked him about it he went on about being a "forward thinker". Whatever. Anyway, every morning between 9am and 10am I get a call from the McCain campaign. At first, when they asked for Jer I just politely said: "He is at work can I take a message." After a few days, I said: "Is this the McCain people? Look, he is AT WORK he will never be home at this time if you want to talk to him call after 5pm." They called again at 2pm instead. Yesterday, I asked them to take his name off the calling list. TODAY, I chewed the guy up and spit him out! After apologizing the guy actually ended up hanging up
on me! The nerve! I am already plotting what I will do tomorrow.
This is what I have come up with:
- Saying "please hold" and leaving the caller next to the CD player (playing You are my Sunshine on repeat) until Jer comes home from work and can take the call
- Informing the caller of Jerry's tragic death in a skiing accident
- Asking to speak to a supervisor and attempting, yet again, to seriously get them to stop calling
- Letting Wesley talk to them
- Start recording these conversations to post on the internet
- Giving them Jerry's number at work...he would kill me
- Insert YOUR idea here
Not answering is not an option because they just keep calling back. On a side note, we don't have caller ID anymore so I never know for sure who is calling so I at least have to answer nicely.
I was never a crank calling type person but these guys are calling ME. I feel a little bad since it is a different person each day but at this point I really don't care. So this is my opportunity to be creative. Give me some ideas here. Come on, Johnny, help me out! Please...
P.S. If you want to stick it to your worst enemy make a campaign contribution to someone they would
never vote for in their name.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for leaving a comment!