Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Teeth

With no fussiness involved at all, JD's first tooth popped through today. You can hardly see it but you can definitely feel it! I had Wesley wash his hands and then feel it. He was so excited and proudly told JD he was "getting to be such a big boy"!

Wesley knows how hard getting teeth can be too. Just this week his back molars starting hurting. Of course, they had to start hurting on Monday at 1am, on a night that JD slept through, just to keep things interesting. I woke up thinking I heard Hayden screaming. When I went to go see what was going on I found Wesley sitting straight up in bed screaming at the top of his lungs: "Eli, Hayden, somebody...WAKE UP and HELP me!" Eli was sleeping soundly, as was Justus, Hayden looked like he was trying to wake up but he never did open his eyes. After Wesley told me his mouth hurt and I felt the bulging tooth, I brought him downstairs to give him some pain reliever. I brought his pillow and blanket too and made him sleep on the couch just in case the Tylenol wore off. Didn't want to repeat that scenario! When I asked him why he didn't come down stairs and get me he said he didn't want me to get mad. I explained I wouldn't have been mad but told him I would be if he ever did that again! Thankfully, we all slept the rest of the night with no further difficulties.

And if we didn't have enough teeth talk going on around here, Roz has to go to the oral surgeon on Friday to have a consult regarding her wisdom teeth. If they give you wisdom why do we take them out? We can't have them messing up her $5000 dollar smile that's why! This procedure is not covered on our dental plan so we are hoping (will find out Friday) if it is covered under our medical. We'll still have the (high) deductible though even if it is covered. I had a rough time when my wisdom teeth were removed. (Jerry's removal wasn't a pretty sight either!) You should have seen Roz's face when I told her I'd rather have a baby any day before going through the wisdom teeth thing again! I wasn't kidding either...for me anyway, it was that bad. I hope (and pray) that technology has improved or this surgeon is better than my old dentist or something so her removal goes much smoother than mine. We are also hoping that we can wait until summer vacation to do it so she doesn't have to miss school. I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

  1. Wesley is such a good brother and he
    truely shows JD that all the time.
    Our little drama king - can just hear
    him saying he didn't want to wake you
    up because you'd get mad.
    Remember your tooth extraction very
    well - stayed with you during the day
    for a week. I didn't have much
    trouble, Abby either, but your Dad
    was in the hospital. Have a story
    about that too Jer, remind me to tell
    it or not. :) Luv, G. Linda

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!